Latin– Terminalia Bellirica Roxb, Terminalia Chebula Retz, Emblica Officinalis Gaertn.
English and common names– Bellirica Myrobalan, Chebulic Myrobalan and Indian Gooseberry
Indian and Sanskrit Names– Triphala, Vihitaki, Haritaki, Amalaki.
India is the original land of Triphala. This herb is a wonderful body cleanser. Also, triphala is helpful in detoxifying and cleansing the colon. It is also helpful in purifying blood as well as removing toxins from the liver. Triphala is also beneficial in cleansing some forms of cholesterol and thus reduces the high blood pressure.
For vegetarians, the herb works wonder as the herb requires a laxative which doesn’t counteract with the diet of the vegetarian people. Also, Triphala can be put under the category of the purgative kind of laxative. These are a type intestinal stimulant which has same working rule like Seena and Rhubarb. These types of purgative preparations are magical for those people who have certain degrees of liver and also gall bladder congestion. Triphala is blessed with cleansing agents and also cleanses the blood. The nutritional value of the herb is also good as this is rich in Vitamin C.
In the ancient Indian folklore, it was said that the Triphala contains three fruits and that are suall used for as natural healers in Indian Ayuvedic medicines. This practice was also known as “long life practice”. Three contained fruits are known with names Emile, Harada and Bihara. All the three relate to 3 sections or humors of Indian medicine. Harada is a bitter taste herb, but the main thing for which it is known is its laxative qualities and also it is a wonderful astringent and antispasmodic too. Another fruit, named Amla is a great source of Vitamin C. It contains 20 times more vitamin C than the citrus fruits. The herb has sour taste but is good for inflammation of the stomach and intestines. So, as the triphala is made up of these compositions, So have a good amount of Vitamin C and as it has Vitamin C is a good amount. So, it is used as a food supplement generally in Western countries. Its benefits don’t hide from anybody.
Some researches have taken place recently, and according to them some of the new uses of the herb have come to light. These researchers conclude that the herb is an antioxidant and that is the reason it is used for the treatment of various types of cancer. If you are suffering from noise and stress conditions, then it will show you a great way too.
Action-The herbal compound of the Triphala provides you benefits as it is helpful in supporting the digestive system. Also, it helps to ensure the digestive tract will work at the optimal level. It also aids digestion and provide relief in condition of constipation. This is helpful in realizing digestive system too.
Benefits – Here are some of the golden benefits of Triphala.
- Triphala helps in correcting the stomach issues like constipation. Also, it helps in cleansing and tonifying the gastrointestinal tract.
- Triphala is helpful in detoxifying the whole body and also it improves digestion and assimilation too.
- For reduction of problems of Hypertension and high blood pressure Triphala is used and also it can improve the blood circulation.
- For treating liver disorders, the herb works as an expectorant and also it helps to correct the diverticulosis.
- For irritable bowel syndrome, Triphala is great and also it plays a wonderful role in relieving Ulcerative Colitis.
- Herb Triphala is anti-inflammatory and anti-viral So that is the reason, it stimulizes bile flow and also peristalsis.
- It has wonderful anti-aging properties. So, it prevents anti-aging, improves the mental functions and also imparts immunity.
- Some of the studies completed recently said that Triphala is also a wonderful anti-cancer agent. Also, it has ability to spoil the tumor cells while sparing normal ones.
- As Triphala is known as antioxidant agent, so, it helps to prevent any free radical information in the body. Also, this feature of the Triphala helps to prevent the signs of early aging like wrinkles and premature graying of hair.
- Triphala helps in regularizing the normal peristaltic movements, the thing is very much necessary for the proper passage of food from one organ of the body to another. Also, it helps in aiding digestion too. Also, the digestion completes in the proper amount of time.
- Triphala is a wonderful appetizer, an appetizer keeps you full for longer time and thus, helps to lose weight. Also, it is helpful in proper digestion of food.
- Triphala is helpful in stimulizing the liver and also it keeps the functions of the liver to optimized level. Also, Triphala is helpful in secretion of the bile juices as they are required for the metabolism of fat.
- To save you from the plaque formation in arteries Triphala works best. Also, if this plaques increase then it gives way to heart problems which are the result of arteriosclerosis.
- To maintain the cholesterol level of the body, Triphal helps as it prevents you from fatal and deadly heart issues. It also provides help in curbing the formation of low density lipoprotein (LDL).
- To suppress any kind of infection or foreign invasion in the blood, you can take help of Triphala as it plays a wonderful role in keeping skin related infections away from you. It also prevents other infectious conditions of the body.
- To maintain the proper secretions of the endocrine system, you can take help of Triphala as these conditions are responsible for maintainance of proper homeostasis in the body. Also, it helps to aid the proper function of physiological processes of the body.
Many people used to have remedies for the treatment of disease as they are free from any kind of side effects. For that kind of people Triphala works as a wonderful remedy for eye problems. The herb is helpful in improving the eye vision and also provides strength to the muscles of the eyes.