Corns and Callus are not life threatening but can be extremely painful. Some of the causes that could lead to their development are flat feet, bone spur or even blocked sweat glands between the toes. People who walk barefoot and are not in the habit of wearing socks complain of this problem.
Symptoms of Corns & Calluses: A person who complains of corns and calluses feels discomfort while walking and finds the ground to be extremely hard.
A raised portion of skin, thick rough skin, dry and flaky skin, translucent skin, tender skin. Home Remedies for Corns & Calluses:
- People who complain of this problem should often soak their feet in warm water and scrub the feet with Epsom salt.
- To soften the skin of the feet that has hardened, it is best to wear loose polythene on the feet and cover it with cotton socks. Let the polythene and the socks stay overnight. This will result in softening of the skin which can easily be brushed off in the morning.
- A highly effective remedy is to crush a few tablets (4 to 5) of aspirin. Mix them with a spoonful of lemon juice and water. Apply this paste on your feet. Wrap a polythene and a warm towel over your feet and after ten minutes or so the dry and hardened skin can be easily scraped off.
- Applying castor oil on the corns helps provide relief from corns.
- Applying lemon juice on the affected area, massaging the feet with chamomile oil helps provide relief from the pain caused by corns and calluses.
In addition to the above it is best not wear shoes without socks, not to wear ill fitting shoes and ensure that your diet has adequate vitamins and minerals.