- Apply lime juice or calamine lotion
- Rub dry soap over the bite to reduce itching
- Mix olive oil with vinegar and apply over affected region
- Use some herbal based mosquito repellent before going outdoors. Cover your hands and legs properly during rainy season before going out, especially for kids.
- Burn some neem or eucalyptus leaves outside your house every evening to prevent mosquitoes.
- Avoid stagnation of water anywhere near you place or work place or school.
Here are some remedies which work for all bites:
- Clean the area with a neem soap or neem instilled water.
- Crush some plantain leaves and apply its juice over the affected area.
- Apply banana peel inside out
- Mix 1 teaspoon lavender oil and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Apply this on the bite but avoid the area around the eyes.
- Take 2-3 leaves if jewelweed and crush them. Apply its juice on the affected area.
- Apply coconut oil mixed with turmeric for minor bites.
- Mix meat tenderizer with water and apply on the swelling. It helps blood circulation to get back to normal.
- Mix a tablespoon Echinacea root tincture with 1 tablespoon distilled water and 1 tablespoon bentonite clay. Apply this mixture on the region that has been effected by the bite. The mixture should be thick enough to stick to the skin.
- Take bath with warm water mixed with a little Alum or potassium permanganate.
Discussing remedies for bee sting specifically:
- Squeeze the sting out with some hard thing like credit card. Avoid tweezers.
- Apply bottom of an onion. It will absorb the venom.
- Rub some iron made thing on the sting like a key or some utensil.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoon of water and apply on the swollen area.
- Applying honey calms down the burning sensation and reduces the swelling.
For spider bites: Yes, it’s true even spiders like to bite. For relief you can
- Mix cornstarch with water and apply on the bites. This helps in pulling out the poison.
- Rub the area with Listerine and apply household ammonia to prevent infection.