Medicinal uses– There are many of the Ayurvedic medicinal formulations can be prepared from the fruits of the Haritaki plant. Also, in the Haritaki plant contains an extract which is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Also, for inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi such as E.coli, the herb is used. E. coli is an organism which is the main reason of different types of infections like urinary tract infection. Also, it has some powerful effects over the parasites like Amoeba giardia and many more.
Resources– The Haritaki extract is used in the Ayurvedic formulations. The infectious diseases can be easily treated by this. Some of the diseases for this treatment the herb is good are leucorrhoea, pyorrhea, chronic ulcers and some fungal skin infections. Also,some of the surveys said that the oil which can be obtained from the kernel of the Haritaki plant also has some of the substances, which are helpful in increasing the motility of the gastrointestinal tract. Also, it is similar action of castor oil. Also, it works as a natural cleanser of the digestive system. It is helpful in increasing the functions of liver, spleen as well as the colon. So, is the reason, it is used as a digestive tonic.
Amazing Health Benefits & Uses of Haritaki
There are a lot of clinical trials were undertaken on the patients who have chronic constipation. An extract can be obtained from the herb which is helpful in evacuating the bowel and also it increases the frequency of stool. The herb is used in the combinations with some other herbs oo. As a combination results in Triphala. This is a wonderful anti-aging herb. To increase the body’s immunity, the herb is also used. Haritaki is also used as an expectorant and tonic too. It has some anti-mutagenic properties too. For the treatment of mouth ulcers, asthma, stomatitis, cough, skin problems, leprosy, candidiasis and gastroenteritis etc. For getting rid of intermittent fever, rheumatic fever and pain, arthritis and wound, the herb is used. It is also one of the best herbs known for the treatment of Vatadosha. It is an herbal home remedy for flatulence, indigestion like Vata disturbances. Haritaki is a good herb for improving alertness and intelligence of a person. Those who have weak digestion and the ladies who are pregnant should not take the herb. This is also wonderful for bleeding gums, dental caries, ulcerated oral cavity and other mouth problems.
- You can have some of the powder of Haritaki and mix some water to prepare a paste. Now, this paste is anti-inflammatory, analgestic and also have healing and purifying properties for cuts and wounds. Also, many of the doctors used the decoction for cleaning the wound before dressing.
- Take 3 myrobalans and catechu in equal proportions. Mix, some clarified butter in it for preparation of a fine paste. This does wonders for the chronic ulceration, ulcerated wounds and also some skin diseases with discharge. Also, in Britain, these ointments are used as a substitute for Gall ointments.
- Also, Terminalia Chebula has astringent properties and so, is excellent in hemorrhoids very well. You can prepare a decoction with it and used to make gargles in the condition of sore throat and also oral ulcers. You can use its dry powder in getting relief from loose gems, ulceration in gums and also bleeding gums.
- The Terminalia Chebula is helpful in increasing appetite as a digestive aid, mild laxative, gastrointestinal prokinetic agent, liver stimulant and also as stomachic.
- Also, it is proved by some surveys that Haritaki has gastrokinetic effects. This is a very good property that helps the contents to move out of the stomach. After surgeries, when there is use of adjuvant, then Haritaki is given with other drugs for gastric motility as antihistamines and atropine like drugs.
- Some of its comprehensive properties said that, the herb is helpful in promoting appetite and so helpful in giving way to digestion.
- This is a liver stimulator and thus helpful in protecting it by expelling the waste excretory products from the intestines.
- For the treatment of Chronic diarrhea, dry powder f Haritaki is used. Also, it assures you with excellent results.
- Those who have excessive gas problems, in flatulence and intestine, can have the herb on a daily basis. It is helpful in providing you wonderful results.
- The herb is a mild laxative and that is the reason, it is a mild colon cleanse. Also, it has properties that can prove helpful to treat liver conditions and also spleen enlargement and also in Ascites. It also does the cleaning actions very smoothly as the herb has no strong purgative like Seena has. It is free from ill effects, So, you can use it for a longer period of time.
Central Nervous system- The herb Terminalia Chebula is helpful in overcoming the weakness of nerves and also nervous irritability. It is a good nervine and also promotes the receiving power of all the five senses.
Blood and Heart vessels– Terminalia Chebula is an adjuvant in hemorrhages as it has astringent properties. Also, it provides helpful conditions in edema and some other inflammations.
Lungs- Haritaki is an excellent herb for chronic cough, asthma, sore throat and also coryza. For the production of Holistic herbal formulation, it is used in Ayurveda.
Sexual Health- Haritaki has astringent properties and also it is an excellent anti-inflammatory. So, the reason is it used in urethral discharges like vaginal discharges like leucorrhea and also spermatorrhea. Also, it can also be given as adjuvant in atonic conditions of the uterus.