The following are the clinical features for different kinds of aashrit vaayu.
1. Aamashyagat vaayu (Vaayu afflicting the stomach region):
If the vitiated vaayu afflicts the stomach region, pain in the chest, the abdomen, the cardiac region and the umbilical region, thirst, eructations, visoochika, cough, dryness of the throat and the mouth and dyspnoea may occur.
2. Pakwaashyagat vaayu (Vaayu afflicting the colonic region):
The vitiated vaayu afflicting the colonic area produces abdominal pain, tympanitis, dysuria, difficulty in passing stool or absolute constipation and pain in the sacral region.
3. Indriyagat vaayu (Vaayu afflicting the sense organs):
Vitiated vaayu afflicting the organ of hearing and the other sense organs, would cause their partial or total loss of function.
4. Twachagat Vaayu (Vaayu afflicting the skin):
When the vitiated vaayu afflicts the skin, it causes dryness, cracking, numbness, thinning, blackish discoloration and pricking pain, as well as stretching and redness along with pain in the small joints or the hands and the feet.
1. Raktgat Vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the blood):
The vitiated vaayu which afflict the blood would produce severe pain, a feeling of warmth, discoloration of the body, emaciation, anorexia, skin lesions in various parts of the body and a feeling of heaviness after meals.
2. Maasgat and medgat Vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the muscles and adipose tissue):
When vitiated vaayu afflicts the muscular and fatty tissues, a feeling of heaviness in the body, severe pricking type of sensation, pain as if the person has been beaten by blows of sticks or fists and extreme exhaustion would occur.
3. Asthigat and Majjagat vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the bones and bone-marrow):
When the vitiated vaayu afflicts the bone and bone-marrow, there may occur splitting pain in the bones and the small joints of the hands and the feet, severe pain in the big joints, wasting of muscles and depletion of strength, insomnia and persistent pain anywhere in the body.
4. Shukragat vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the semen/ovum):
When the vitiated vaayu has afflicted the semen, there is either a quick discharge of semen or it is suppressed. Similarly, there is either an abortion or else there is delayed labour. Further, when the sperms or ovum have been afflicted by vitiated vaat, it may also give rise to congenital deformities.
5. Siragat Vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the vessels):
When vitiated vaayu afflicts the vessels, it gives rise to pain, narrowing of the vessels or their dilatation.
6. Snaayugat Vaayu (Vaayu afflicting the ligaments):
When the vitiated vaayu afflicts the ligaments, it causes tetany as well as vaataj diseases, afflicting all the extremities or just one limb only.
7. Sandhigat Vaayu (Vitiated vaayu afflicting the joints):
When the vitiated vaayu afflicts the joints, it leads to a painful swelling and ultimately destruction or the joints.